Wednesday, August 26, 2009

11 weeks & a heartbeat!

So we've made it to week 11! I feel like every week is such an accomplishment, and here we are so close to 2nd trimester already! We went yesterday for my blood work appointment. Let me just start by saying this was one of my biggest fears of becoming pregnant. I hate needles with.a.passion. I knew going in that yesterday's appointment would be tough, and it started out that way for sure. The woman taking my blood was a newly hired nurse who had no idea what was going on. A lead nurse had to walk her through the process. I'm sure there are plenty of women out there who would be fine with this, but I wasn't. I was scared out of my mind. Needless to say we got it taken care of, I survived, and we moved on. They moved us to a regular room w/ a bed, and the doctor came in and told me to lie down. Why do I need to lie down? I thought this was a blood work only appt.? She took out the doppler and within a minute we heard the most beautiful, comforting sound in the world; our baby's heart was beating away! I would go to thousands of blood work appointments if I was guaranteed to hear that precious sound every time. That was worth every ounce of pain. :)

**How far along? 11 weeks

**Total weight gain/loss: I'm down .6 from last week, which totals -.2

**How Big is Baby?: The size of a lime!

**Maternity clothes? Belly bands are still going strong. I ordered some maternity clothes this week though. :)

**Stretch marks? None yet ::crosses fingers::

**Sleep: Has been a lot better, besides the pee breaks. I think I'm just exhausted from everything.

**Best moment this week: Hearing that miracle of our baby's heartbeat.

**Movement: Getting closer!! I can't wait!

**Food cravings: Okay I totally craved french toast at like 9 at night. So I made me some. hehe

**Gender: This will be interesting. I'm right about 50/50 now.

**Labor Signs: Let's hope these stay away for a while!

**Belly Button in or out? In

**What I am looking forward to: Making it to 2nd tri, and getting a real bump. (Not just bloat) It's actually starting to get hard now!

**Weekly Wisdom: Take deep breaths. Stay calm. Remember that God will not give you what you cannot handle.

**Milestones: Hearing the heartbeat on the doppler! That decreases the risk of "the horrible thing" to under 3%. Yay!!


Okay please don't laugh at the growth spurt this week.
Well, actually laugh all you want... it's not like I can hear you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment