Wednesday, October 14, 2009

18 Weeks - and kicks!!

As I was sitting in the school parking lot last night, waiting on 5:30 to roll around so I could start my dreaded Calculus class, I felt something... well... different. Then I felt it again, and again, and again. Liliana was kicking!! My heart started racing and I was so excited I was shaking! How in the world am I supposed to sit through Calculus silently while our baby girl is making her kicking debut!? So I didn't go to class. ::snickers:: I grabbed the phone and called DH, which of course he was over the moon! I continued feeling her for almost 5 minutes solid, then nothing. I can't believe we're here already! We've been looking forward to this stage for an eternity (well, it seems like it) and now that it's here I'm in shock!!

**How far along? 18 weeks!

**Total weight gain/loss: Oh man... 6.5ish...

**How big is baby?: A sweet potato! How cute!

**Maternity clothes? Um... yes. Still working the belly bands too.

**Stretch marks? None yet ::crosses fingers::

**Sleep: Not so great - I wake up around 1 and just stare at the clock until 4 or 5.

**Best moment this week: The kicks!!

**Movement: Finally!! Holy cow I can't believe it!

**Food cravings: Sbarro's ziti and pepperoni and mushroom pizza. (and you wonder why I'm up 6.5... thanks Sbarro's!)

**Gender: Girl!!

**Labor Signs: Let's hope these stay away for a while!

**Belly Button in or out? In

**What I am looking forward to: Feeling her kicks every day!

**Weekly Wisdom: If you don't feel like cooking... don't. ::hehe that's all I've got this week::

**Milestones: Liliana is yawning, hiccupping, rolling, twisting, kicking, punching, sucking, and swallowing now!

No comments:

Post a Comment