Thursday, April 29, 2010

First day back

So yesterday was the day I've been dreading for almost 8 weeks. 8 very short weeks. My first day back at work, and Lily's first day at daycare. She hasn't been anywhere without me for more than 2 hours, and especially not with someone besides family. Needless to say, I was a mess. I cried every day last week and almost every day the week before. I cried myself to sleep Tuesday night, cried the whole way to daycare, and was hysterical on the way to work.

She did fine. She was sleepy when we got there, but content. She gave me a big smile when I kissed her goodbye and didn't seem to mind the strange surroundings one bit. She didn't sleep too well yesterday, I'm assuming because all the noise and crying, but seemed happy as can be when I picked her up. If there was any way to make ends meet with only one income, I'd be the happiest person in the world. It's just not feasible right now.

I hear this gets easier as time goes on. I sure hope so...

1 comment:

  1. I just found your blog through Mrs. F's blog! My son is 9 weeks old and I go back to work next week. I have cried and cried about it. I love my job and financially I have to work but geez I don't want to leave my baby. So when I am hysterical at work I am gonna remember your blog and that it is possible LOL :) Your daughter is gorgeous by the way!

    ReplyDelete