Okay, enough of the sentimental mush (lol) - here are her updates:
- She hasn't gone back to the dr. yet, but I'm guessing she's well over 17 lbs. now.
- She's reaching for everything she sees. I used to be so good at holding her and multi-tasking. Um, not anymore. Whatever I'm doing while holding her, she has her hands in.
- We said farewell to all over her 3-6 month clothes (already!?) and she's in 6-9, 9, and some 6-12 month ones.
- We were barely able to squeeze her chunky butt in the rest of her size 2 diapers. I'm surprised they didn't rip in half. She's comfortably in size 3 now.
- She's just started this new thing during tummy time: She'll scoot up on her knees and stick her butt straight up in the air. I'm thinking it won't be long until she's on all fours. ::Scary::
- I think we're starting to experience some attachment issues. She's favoring mommy big time right now.
- We have a roller! She started rolling back to tummy right after her 4 month birthday and hasn't looked back. If she's lying down, she's rolling over. She's ->this<- close to rolling tummy to back.
- Because of her new found rolling skills, she's become a tummy sleeper for the majority of the night. Makes me a nervous wreck. She's only waking 1-2 times a night though, so she's sleeping good! Bedtime is 8:30, she might get up around 2, normally gets up around 5, and is up for the day at 6:45 (when I wake her up to get ready for daycare).
- Still fights naps like they are poison. She won't sleep for more than 10-20 minutes at a time at daycare, usually 2-3 times a day. She's better at home as long as I'm holding her, but lets be honest, I can't hold her for every nap. (Although I try to...:) )
- She is starting to sit on her own for a few seconds at a time. She can prop herself up with her arms, but she's too much of a wiggle worm to sit still.
- She thinks mommy is hilarious. Ha! She laughs almost every.single.time I talk to her. Not in a baby voice either. If she's eating, I'll look down and say, "Hey, sweet girl" with a smile... she started giggling. It's the cutest thing I've ever seen! (I'll post a video of her laughing later. NOT while eating, lol)
- Since we're not starting solids until 6 months, we've been letting her experiment with the spoon with "Momsicles". Breast milk frozen to a slushy consistancy. She LOVES them. I know developmentally she's ready for solids, but I'm a firm believer that their gut is not fully developed until around 6 months, so we'll wait until then.
These just crack me up. :)