Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The most beautiful sound!!

Well, yesterday was our first real appointment, which was one of the most amazing experiences I've ever had. As soon as we arrived, we got called back to the sonogram room. Since I'm so early on, they did a transvaginal U/S (aka the dildo cam). It was definitely not as uncomfortable as I was imagining. We got to see our little bean for the first time, and saw it's little heart just beating away! The tech even turned the sound on so we were able to hear the heart for a few seconds- it was beating at 143 bmp. Of course I completely lost it as soon as I saw our baby. She measured everything and said the baby was measuring 6w5d. Based on my LMP the dr. said I was 7w2d as of yesterday, but I knew I wasn't that far along due to my O day.
I think yesterday is when it truly hit me that we were going to have a baby. What an amazing feeling to see something growing inside you; something you've wanted so badly for so long. This is our baby, and I thank God every chance I get for giving us this opportunity, this gift.
Here is our little bean's first picture!!

No comments:

Post a Comment