Wednesday, November 25, 2009

24 Weeks - Happy V-Day!

What a huge milestone! We've made it to 24 weeks! As of this week, if the baby were born, she would have around a 50% chance of living outside the womb. (Lily, that doesn't mean it's time to come out... lets wait a good, oh, 13 more weeks at least) She's been kicking up a storm lately. When Jack gets home from work, as soon as his hand touches my stomach she's kicking him. She loves her daddy already. :) In other news, I do believe I'm going to outgrow our house. I feel like a beached whale already, and we've still got a ways to go! It's pathetic... I get up and put on (what I think are) cute clothes, fix my hair, actually put makeup on, and I feel somewhat confident walking out the door. Then I look at my "bump" pictures for the week... holy sh*t. My face is fat, my butt is growing by the second, and I have no distinquished lines on my body... besides my fat rolls. All in good cause, yes, but still a little unnerving.

**How far along? 24 Weeks! 16 to go!

**Total weight gain/loss: I hate this question... 17

**How big is baby?: around 1.5 lbs

*Maternity clothes? Oh yes...

**Stretch marks? Still the same.

**Sleep: Bad week for sleep. Jack's exhausted from working 17 days straight, so I think he's still "working" in his sleep. He flings around like a mad man. TGI Thanksgiving weekend!

**Best moment this week: Having to work only 3 days!

**Movement: Tons! I swear I think she recognizes voices. She's only kicking for Jack and I right now. :) I love it.

**Food cravings: Chinese... and still Mexican.

**Gender: Sweet baby girl!

**Labor Signs: Let's hope these stay away for a while!

**Belly Button in or out? Still half-way. It's playing peek-a-boo, but it only comes out in the afternoons.

**What I am looking forward to: Finishing the house this month and moving in! Getting Lily's nursery finally decorated and set up, and stuffing my fat face for Thanksgiving.

**Weekly Wisdom: I think pre-pregnancy photos should be well hidden until after the baby weight comes off.

**Milestones: We've made it to viability day! Thank you Lord!


No comments:

Post a Comment