Wednesday, December 2, 2009

A trip to L&D... already?!

Yesterday morning I awoke to the weirdest pressure in my lower stomach. I assumed baby girl was sitting low and went about my normal morning routine. I took a shower, got ready, went to work, all the while feeling this immense pressure. Then I started cramping. It wasn't "exactly" like a period cramp, but that's the best way I can describe it. I felt it in my back and stomach, and along with the pressure I started getting a little worried. So I called the doctor. All the while I'm thinking to myself, "It's probably just poop cramps, or maybe she's just sitting weird". As soon as I described to the nurse what I was feeling, she puts me on hold to talk to the doctor, then returns in a panic. She's telling me to go straight to Labor & Delivery, that this was NOT normal for 25 weeks, etc. So I freaked out. I called my mom & Jack hysterically crying, thinking I did something to cause this, or that baby girl was in some sort of danger. It's too early for contractions!

I get to the hospital (Jack met me there, thank God) and get checked in immediately. The nurse hooked me up to all sorts of monitors, took a urine sample, the whole 9 yards. I also got the wonderful experience of my first internal exam. Holy.sh*t.

Long story short, I wasn't dialated, my cervix was perfect, etc. She told me to get rid of some of my stress, and keep an eye on how I'm feeling. (Like I could not notice that feeling again?! )

Thank you God that it was all a scare. I'd rather be trucking it to L&D over nothing, than God forbid something happening and me not going.

1 comment:

  1. OMG! So scary! I'm 26 1/2 weeks and I would die of anxiety. I've miscarried once and it was horrible so I can't even imagine the terror going through your mind just thinking something might be wrong! Thank God you and Lily are okay. Love the name by the way!!

    ReplyDelete