Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Welcome to 3rd tri!

We've made it! This is officially "the final stretch" of pregnancy! Compared to the first trimester, second tri flew by. I have an appointment this morning for my glucose test and check up, and I am dreading having to drink that stuff! Who knows, maybe I'll like it. (A girl can hope.)

Jack and I are doing something a little different during delivery. Some might find it a little "weird", considering you'll have someone you don't know watching you give birth, but I think it's beautiful. We've hired a wonderful photographer that will meet us at the hospital when I go into labor, stay during the entire labor and delivery, and capture those first moments of our baby's life. I think having those moments on film will be something so special to look back on later down the road. I would love for Lily to not only hear about her birth, but see the pictures of her first cry, the look on her daddy and my face when we first see her, etc. (Note: She doesn't photograph the actual "birth" part, so all of the pictures are very modest and PG rated.)

**How far along? 27 Weeks! 13 to go! (Literally 3 months)

**Total weight gain/loss: Another good week! Only 1 lb. :) Total = 21

**How big is baby?: Still huge. :) A little under 2 lbs.

*Maternity clothes? Oh yes...

**Stretch marks? Still just the lonesome dove.

**Sleep: Ehh - I guess I shouldn't complain since it's better than last week, but still not all that great.

**Best moment this week: Catching her rolling/flipping/kicking on my ipod. I've watched it about 3,123,596 times already. :)

**Movement: We have a very active little girl.

**Food cravings: I had the weirdest urge to eat a container of cream cheese, by itself. Don't worry - I didn't. ;)

**Gender: Sweet baby girl!

**Labor Signs: Let's hope these stay away for a while!

**Belly Button in or out? It's still holding on! I'm waiting on the perma-outie, it just hasn't quite fully happened yet.

**What I am looking forward to: Carpet and harwoods being installed in the house this week! Electricity will be turned on, closet systems installed, tile work finished. We're on a roll!

**Weekly Wisdom: Don't give in to everything you crave. Could you imagine what would have happened if I ate that entire container of cream cheese like I so desperately wanted?

**Milestones: Making it to 3rd tri!

5 comments:

  1. haha...i did eat the entire block of creme cheese over thanksgiving and boy did I pay for that! My body scolded me, the dr scolded me, the nurse scolded me...I wont do that again I assure you:) Good for you in resiting the urge - you have more will power than I do that's for sure:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just ate cream cheese on a bagel. DELISH! I think that's a GREAT idea about hiring a photographer for the birth. My husband doesn't want to take pictures and everyone else I want to be in there lives out of state (my mom, my BFF) so I don't know if they will make it on time. I might look into doing that too! Congrats on making it to the 3rd trimester! It's all down hill from here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like everything is going great. If you dont mind me asking, how much are you paying for the photographer? I have been wanting to do this, but i cant find out how to find someone.???
    I have a good friend that does photography, but i feel rude telling her to be more like a "fly on the wall." I just want it to be about us, and not sure if thats rude of me?
    So if you have any info, i would love to hear it!
    -kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just ask around! I called some of our local maternity and newborn photographers and asked them. The price is actually very reasonable! For her to be there from the start until 2 hours after birth, along with the rights to all the pictures, a slideshow, and a CD, she's only charging $700.
    We absolutely want it to be just about us, so I understand. From the looks of her other pictures, it doesn't seem like anyone is paying attention to her... she's just in the background. You can go to www.sandpiperphotograhpy.com, then click on the middle link to her blog for some examples. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! I will see what i can find!

    ReplyDelete