Wednesday, July 7, 2010

4 Months!

And what an amazing month it's been! Every day she learns a new skill, she's growing leaps and bounds. I can't take my eyes off of her! It's amazing to see her little personality developing... and what a sweet heart she's becoming. (As if she wasn't just the sweetest thing EVER before.. hehe) It's been another emotional month for me (seems like a developing trend, eh?) with the bittersweetness of it all. She's growing up, she's no longer my tiny little baby. She recognizes familiar faces, and she's becoming more independent. Every day I say to myself, "This is my absolute favorite day so far", and then the next day comes and presents a whole new series of beautiful developments and "firsts". How my heart has managed not to explode ... I'm beyond amazed. I can only imagine the moments to come, and try my very best to absorb and hold on to these precious moments that are passing by so fast.

Here are her "stats":
  • She is 16.8 lbs (97%) and 25.5" long (95%). She's just huge all around. :)
  • She's grabbing and passing objects between her hands like a pro.
  • Her 3-6 month clothes still fit, but she's wearing a lot of 6-9 month ones now as well. Her chubby arms and legs have a hard time fitting through the holes in the 3-6 month ones! haha!
  • She is still in size 2 diapers, but we're on our last pack of 24. They are getting a little snug!
  • Tummy time is getting easier. She's doing baby push ups perfectly now, so she can lay on her tummy and still look at us in front of her.
  • She's becoming a little more reluctant of strangers holding her. She went through a "mommy phase" this past weekend where she would cry if anyone else was holding her, daddy included. Don't get me wrong though, she's still daddy's girl. She doesn't want to interact with me, only him, but prefers me to hold her.
  • She had her first experience in the baby pool on the 4th! We officially have a water baby. She loved it! She cried when I took her out.
  • Rolling over is just not one of her objectives right now. She's been rolling to her side for months now, but she refuses to roll completely over.
  • She loves sitting up. Unless she's super tired, you better have her in a seated position or she'll throw a fit. She's a big girl, don't cha know? :)
  • Her eyes follow every movement when we eat. She sits quietly and just concentrates so hard on following our movements. We got the go ahead from her pedi to start solids, but Jack and I have decided to wait at least another month. 6 months is the normal starting period, so we might wait until then.
I'm sure there's tons more I'm forgetting to mention, but I'll leave it at that! Oh, and I can't forget the pictures!











5 comments:

  1. She is GORGEOUS!! You are so lucky to get her smiles on camera! I cannot for the life of me get Hunter to smile on camera. If she sees the camera, she stares at it...stops what she's doing, and STARES!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a little Sweetie!!! thanks for linking up with our hop today, I'm following you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, she is so adorable! Stopping by from Thursdays Friends and Giveaways. Thanks for linking up with us today. I am your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your baby girl is adorable! I'm your newest follower from blog hops.

    the-chunkymonkey.blogspot.com

    please follow me back :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a little cutie!! My little man turns 4 months on Friday so I'm your newest follower since I LOVE reading about babies his age! :o)

    Off to explore more of your site!

    ReplyDelete