Sunday, July 4, 2010

One year ago today...

Our lives began. The rush of adrenaline, the warm feeling deep in my core, my entire body shaking with excitement and nervousness. I saw those two pink lines. And I knew that every moment of the rest of our lives would be worth living. How much our lives would change, we could have never predicted. 


Within one year, we've learned what it means to truly worry. We've learned what it feels like to actually feel your heart explode every time you look at your child. We've learned that you really can survive on 2 hours of sleep a night (who knew?), that being pooped on and sucking snot out of your child's nose becomes your normal daily activities, and you actually enjoy it. :)  We've felt the love only a child can give when they look at you, so vulnerable and pure, and smile because they love you. They know who you are, what your purpose is, and seeing that look in their eyes... everything suddenly makes sense. I know what it feels like to learn your purpose in life, and to begin the journey of fulfilling that purpose. To love something so much your soul aches. We've witnessed the miracle of birth...



We've seen God.  



I cherish today. I thank God from the bottom of my heart for taking us down this beautiful road, for guiding us through this spectacular journey, for allowing us to experience life in it''s purest form, to allow us to love, for blessing us with this perfect child. The absolute best parts of Jack and I, all bundled up in this breathtaking beauty of a child. 

I love you with every ounce of my heart, my sweet, sweet Liliana. You've made me whole... you've made me a mommy. :)

 I hope everyone has a fun, safe 4th of July! (And Happy Birthday, Mom!)

1 comment:

  1. This is so sweet!

    We found out a year ago today, too! It's truly amazing how much your life can change in one year.

    ReplyDelete