Tuesday, September 1, 2009

12 Weeks - yes I said 12 weeks.

Seriously? Time is creeping by (in that I'm so anxious and excited to meet out little one) but at the same time it is flying! I can remember at 4 weeks, waiting for our first u/s at 7w 2d, thinking, "Oh my gosh... how do people find the patience to last 40 weeks?!" I felt like I would lose my mind before that first appointment. Now here we are, 12 weeks and still going strong. Thank you God! We haven't heard back from the dr. regarding my blood work, so I'm taking that as a good sign.

I ordered a doppler off Ebay last week, and it came in last night. Unfortunately, we couldn't find anything. I promised myself I wouldn't freak if it happened, so we're going to try again tonight. It's not the same quality of doppler the doc uses, so that eases my mind a little.

**How far along? 12 weeks!!

**Total weight gain/loss: Up 1 total.

**How Big is Baby?: A plum! Grow baby!
**Maternity clothes? I ordered lots from Old Navy, but it will be a while before I make the switch. I'm getting my money's worth out of the belly bands. ;)

**Stretch marks? None yet ::crosses fingers::

**Sleep: Tossing and turning this week... but less pee breaks! (for now)
**Best moment this week: Making it to 12 weeks- that's such a huge accomplishment to me.

**Movement: Getting closer!! I can't wait!

**Food cravings: I could have killed for McDonald's fries last night. (don't worry, no killing spree for me - I ate plenty of McD's fries for dinner)

**Gender: I'm starting to lean towards girl again. :)

**Labor Signs: Let's hope these stay away for a while!

**Belly Button in or out? In

**What I am looking forward to: Getting good at using the at-home doppler. I know it's going to be amazing to sit and listen to the heartbeat for as long as we'd like. <3

**Weekly Wisdom: Whatever weight issues you've had in the past... screw them. Pregnancy is not the time to worry about weight. I promise you, even if you don't gain a single pound in the first tri, you will look like you've gained plenty! (I have the pictures to prove it!)

**Milestones: Baby's brain continues to develop, and tiny fingernails and toenails start to form. Vocal cords are also formed this week, and baby's kidneys are now functioning! After swallowing amniotic fluid, your baby will now be able to pass it out of the body as urine. And the intestines will make their way into the abdomen, since there is room for them now.
Excuse the nasty door - this was taken in the pool house.

No comments:

Post a Comment